Protection of transport infrastructures (road, railway, electric line)
Engineerisk works with local authorities and contractors to protect their transport networks, which are regularly exposed to avalanche risks (avalanches including powder cloud, creeping, snow drifts).
- For this type of situations, goals are mainly to:
- - ensure maximum availability of the infrastructure
- - homogenize the exposure level to risks across the entire line to avoid a single weak point calling into question the whole
- - ensure the safety of users by reducing the inconvenience (waiting times)
- - ensure the safety of operators and agents by improving the conditions of intervention
- - protect more directly exposed equipment (pylons).
To do this, Engineerisk performs a complete diagnosis of hazards and risks and then assesses all types of protection that can be envisaged and adapted in accordance with the needs, context and budgets given:
- - Active protections: déclenchements préventifs (avec création ou non d’un PIDA), mise en place de filets/claies/râteliers, de rondins en travers de la pente...
- - preventive releases (including the whole avalanche control plan procedure), snow nets or snow bridges installation, wooden sleeves across the slope
- - Passive protections: déclenchements préventifs (avec création ou non d’un PIDA), mise en place de filets/claies/râteliers, de rondins en travers de la pente...
- - radars, dams, snow shed, splitter or pylons reinforcement...
Where appropriate, particular attention is also paid to the object to protect itself: its own configuration or location can drastically reduce risks.